Tuesday, September 17, 2013

This and That...


We had a very busy weekend...
Which involved squeezing in a wedding...
Driving to the Dalles and arriving at 11 pm...
Waking up at 6am...
And driving to Walla Walla only to drive back home the same evening arriving at 10:30 pm...


But it was all worth it...
For one thing I have found the perfect location for either of my boys weddings...
One of my former students was married in a beautiful outdoor ceremony...
The weather was perfect!


Everything was beautifully decorated... 


And there was true love with a happily ever after ending...
I love the look on her face!
She looks like she just got away with something major!



I think this is one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever taken...
Once there were 6 sisters and now there are 3...
All born and raised in West Tennessee...

I got excited there because I had the beginnings of a poem...
but that's all I got...

Anyway, from left to right
Jix lives in New Mexico and she is 95 (her real name is Edith)
Grammy, as I know her is 92 - she is called Preacher by her family a nickname her dad gave her when she went to a campmeeting at age 5 and came home and rolled around on the floor saying she was a "Holy Roly Preacher" :) Her real name is Jose Lucille Fry - but no one calls her Jose she has always gone by Lucille....(I really like the name Jose)
and finally the baby of the family and her daddy's last hope for a boy...Johnnie is 88...
That's her real name Johnnie...she hated having a boys name growing up...
I love it!
And I love each and everyone one of these precious women...
It is a delight to be in the same room listening to them share stories of their childhood...
Jix still complains about the time she got a spanking because she stepped on preacher's toes...
Accusing preacher of playing it up "it didn't hurt you none!" she said :)

Johnnie and her husband Ray live in West Tenn.
Jix has been widowed a long time and lives in New Mexico...
Johnnie and Ray drove out with a nephew of theirs and swung by New Mexico and picked up Jix on their way to Washington...

These girls know full well that this will most likely be the last time they are together her on this earth...
Bitter sweet...


Of course we also traveled to Walla Wall to visit our son...
We were excited that he had a home game...
We haven't had the chance to watch him play on his new college team...
So at 4 O'clock we plunked ourselves down on the sidelines to watch him play...
He didn't :(
Life is different at the college level...
No longer the superstar he was in highschool he has to pay his dues...
I wanted to march over to the coach and demand he put Josh in...
Good thing Jeff was there to hold me back...


This picture cracks me up!


He was worth the drive anyway...

Frychik




No comments:

Post a Comment