Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Birthday to me....ugh





OK I'm being straight up and telling you that today I turn 



45

How the heck that happened I have no idea...
It just seems like I can't possibly be that close to  50!!!!!

People say you are only as old as you feel...
Well, I don't feel 30 anymore people!

I long for the days of not a care in the world...
The days when it didn't even cross your mind to sit in such a way so that your cellulite is not on display...
Or wonder if what you are wearing makes you look fat, silly, or matches...

I totally remember hanging out at the play ground having a great time when I overheard some
girls discussing how terribly important it was that your socks matched what you were wearing...

WHAT????

I remember looking down at my socks and noticing that my socks in fact did NOT match
the rest of what I was wearing...

I believe that it was up to that moment that I just blissfully pulled out of my drawer whatever was on top
and threw it on as I headed out the door to hours of freedom in the 
great outdoors...


Here I am in my cowgirl purse snatching days...
Oh those were good ol' days!


However, I have found myself beginning to admire the confidence of older women...
Women who have moved gracefully through the matching sock phase...
Women who know who they are and don't care what you think...
Women who have embraced the fact that no they will never have the super model body, hair, or travel schedule...
And they are ok with it!

I have decided I would like to be one of these women...

When I grow up...

Frychik

1 comment:

  1. I haven't quite made it to that "older Woman" stage yet but I'm getting there.

    ReplyDelete