Friday, September 13, 2013

Toe nails...




So yesterday after I posted my blog I decided to go for a run...
So because I was going for a run I did not shower and just threw on my running shorts, put on my sports bra and then suddenly decided I should cut my toenails...

Turns out that was a HUGE mistake...

I successfully cut the nails on my left foot...
I accomplish this task in the bathroom standing up with one foot up on the counter as I balance with the other foot on the floor...

I had switched feet and was working on my big toe of my right foot...
Suddenly I had EXCRUCIATING pain on the right side of my back that literally dropped me to my knees...
Unfortunately this pain was familiar...

17 years ago the same thing happened to me when I was lifting Joshua out of his high chair in Tenn....

I was in so much pain I could not move...
I was home alone in my bathroom, no phone, no shirt...
I knew there was a phone about 10 feet away from me up on the nightstand...

It took me 10 min to crawl those 10 feet and with ridiculous effort I was finally able to lift my arm enough to grab the phone...but this is the house phone and it doesn't have any numbers in it...I could only call the numbers I knew...

Jeff was 40 min away...
My mom was an option but I wasn't sure where she was or if she could get me to the car...
I have a friend who is a massage therapist but I don't know his number...

Should I call 911?

How embarrassing would that be!

I decided I could call the school because my friend (the massage therapist) is a parent and they would have his number...
Thankfully he was reached and in my house helping me a mere 25 min after I first hit the floor...
Yes, I was on the floor on my hands and knees for 25 min before help came and then it took another 15 min to get me in a standing position...

This sucks!
I was so thankful that I didn't have to get into a car and go through the excruciating processes of going to the doctor etc...
My mom came and calls were made flexiral was picked up and all that could be done was done...

Now I just have to wait and "take it easy" until I feel better...
Which sucks!

I managed to drive Tyler to school this morning so that is huge improvement!
We are planning to drive to Walla Walla this weekend so I hope I can handle it...

And all because I decided to cut my toenails...
Which by the way my right foot stills needs to be done... :)

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment