Thursday, October 3, 2013

Things are different around here...

On Saturday my first born child turns 19!
It's very different celebrating a child's 19th birthday than celebrating a child's 1st birthday...



This is his first sugar or at least was supposed to be...we believed it was best to not feed him any sweets his first year of life.  However, his rotten uncle Cary did give him an illegal ice cream cone that summer....Did it have an affect on him? I have no idea...he does have a Massive sweet tooth!


Probably the biggest change is the fact that he isn't here and we won't even see him on his day :(
Which I'm struggling with mightily...and I'm not sure if I'm going to beg my husband to drive to WW for one night, so we can see him.  Normally that wouldn't be a big deal but next week we are flying to San Diego on Sunday morning (which means we would have to drive home late Sat. night after Josh's soccer game which is another reason to go).  We then fly home on Wed and drive to WW Thur. morning for a soccer tournament...



But the facts are that on the day of his birthday Sat Oct 5 we will be here all day with no plans and that just feels wrong!!!!
But what if he ends up with plans all day with his college friends and doesn't really want his mommy and daddy showing up...



I do realize that there is a point in life when you don't see your kiddos on their birthdays...I'm just not sure I'm ready for it...Now I just mail a bday card order a gift to be delivered to his dorm room and call it good?

Ugh things are definitely changing around here...




Happy 19th to my first born...you are loved!

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment