Tuesday, October 15, 2013

San Diego - Bike Ride

One of my favorite things to do in a new city is explore it...
but walking is slow which is fine if you are happy with a reasonably small area to explore in...
I really, really wanted to get back over to Coronado which would have been a rather long walk...
So it occurred to me that I could rent a bike for the day, take the ferry over and with ease and speed explore the entire island (actually an isthmus but that's the geography teacher in me coming out) 
So with one of Jeff's Drs wives as my companion we headed out on our super cool cruiser rentals...


On the ferry...


The view of "The Kiss" from the water...

 

San Diego is a really pretty city...
I'm always charmed by cities on/near water and near parks...
Its just the perfect combination for me.


With a quick 10 min ferry ride we were on Coronado...
Which has the harbor side over looking San Diego with a fantastic bike trail along the waters edge...
And not a hill in sight :)


We rode around to the other side where the gorgeous Pacific Ocean was waiting for us...
It was a perfect weather day...
We regretted not packing our swim suits, beach balls and lounge chairs..


But that didn't stop us from kicking our tennies off and frolicking in the surf up to our knees....


My toes are very naked...
Sorry about that....



Sigh...that's where I was a week ago...
I would like to point out the utter absence of fall colors though...
I'm really loving our fall colors...
but more on that in a different post...


So very pretty...


My feet back on the ferry waiting to return to the city...

 

Jeff and I headed out to Old San Diego to a Mexican restaurant that we had enjoyed when we were there in June...
There are train tracks that run right through the middle of downtown on their way to Mexico...
We hopped on one and headed north got off ate yummy food and hopped back on...


 
Then we went and saw Gravity in 3D...
I'm not a 3D fan...
But you MUST see this movie in 3D...
It was a good movie...
However I was STRESSED!!!!!!

Let's just say I have absolutely ruled out Astronaut as future occupation...

Frychik



No comments:

Post a Comment