Monday, October 14, 2013

San Diego - sunsets and kisses

So my big shot husband had a conference in San Diego last week...
I don't have a job...
So naturally I tagged along...
Free hotel...
Free food...
Free time...
Why not!!!!


We left sunny Portland and landed just over 2 hours later in sunny 
San Diego...
I've decided I like San Diego very much...
And that's saying something since I'm in general not a fan of California...


We stayed in the Marriott on the Harbor just across from Coronado Island where we stayed in June... 
I was very hopeful we would get over to Coronado during this visit...
But more on that later...


We arrived in the early evening...
Checked into our hotel and then headed out for a walk and then dinner...
I love landing in a new city and heading out for a walk...
its the best way to figure out how the city works...


It was a beautiful warm evening...
It felt like summer...


All along the harbor is a great walk with parks and shops and ships and views of the city...


I didn't bring my camera along this stroll...
Which turned out to be a HUGE mistake...
This was one of the most beautiful sunsets I have EVER seen!
These pictures were taken with my iphone and I have added some filters...
However, trust me when I tell you that that is pretty much how it looked to us...
It was stunning! The clouds and intensity of the colors was breathtaking... 
and me without my trusty Nikon...grrr


After dinner we walked again...
and we discovered "The Kiss"
This is one of my favorite photographs from LIFE magazine at the end of WWII...
As I understand it a spontaneous kiss between strangers in Times Square just after 
news that WWII was over...
As you can see there is a massive statue of this moment...
It's located in the shadow of the massive USS Midway which we would tour in a few days...


Then we headed back to our nice hotel room...
And we may or may not have kissed...
I'm not telling! :)


Frychik



No comments:

Post a Comment