Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cotton Candy and Sun Days

So we have a late start this morning...
It is gorgeous and sunny outside - see...




Daffodils are blooming outside and inside....








My teaching schedule is a mess!
Last week I missed two days one because of sickness....one because of snow....





This week is SWOP (Student Week of Prayer) Which means all classes are shorter and the schedule is a mess...


And now in the midst of SWOP we have a 2.5 late start! Which means for me because of the added complications of the assembly day + snow day = crazy confusing schedule - I have two sections of the same class one section will be 30 min. long and the other will be 57........  So much for balance...


So I braved the treacherous roads and ran at the gym this morning.  The sun was pouring in which meant I was dripping with sweat!  I am not pretty when I work out... I pull every strand off hair I have off of my face and neck with a series of bands and barrettes that will hold as I run.   I soak my shirt with sweat, My face is bright red and while I would like to blame the smell on the guy next to me I think I have to claim some of the credit...

I have huge mental hurdles I have to overcome EVERY time I run. They go something like.... I can't do it, I'm hot, I don't want to do it, I can't do it, I'm HOT! (not in a good way!) So when I accomplish my goal I feel amazing! Because I have overcome those stupid mean voices in my head!

It is an amazing feeling as I begin to cool down on the treadmill!  I tell myself that was awesome and I did it and I have to brag to anyone who will listen because I did it and I really doubted if I could!  In the midst of these happy feelings...she showed up.  I realize that at 43 I have no business comparing myself to someone I'm guessing to be maybe 22.  But I can't help it!  I also realize it was unfair to compare my stinky, sweaty, self to miss fresh perky and I kid you not, she smelled like cotton candy!  But I did...

But I'm over it! I kicked butt today :)
Let the sunshine motivate you today!

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment