Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I'm going to Europe next week...





Next Week!!!!!

I know I run the risk of sounding terribly uppity...
I assure you I'm not...
Please don't mistake my enthusiasm for haughtiness!

But I am going to Europe next week! And I couldn't be more excited!
There is much to do...
Besides worrying over 2 weeks of lesson plans I'm worrying over deciding what to pack and what to not pack...

My mom and I pinkey swore we would go only with carry-on - which I think is a very good idea because EVERY time I have traveled internationally I have ALWAYS taken way too much stuff! Except my last trip to Peru I did carry-on but that was 10 days - this is 17!

As this is my longest trip...and it will be chilly at times so I can't just get by with shorts and tank tops.

But by far the majority of what I will be taking is my camera equipment...which probably weighs around 20lbs not including the tripod (which any professional photographer know is a must when shooting landscape - so I have read) Then there are the essentials --


  • Passport! Thankfully light weight - not an issue
  • iPad or no iPad?  Lighter than laptop - without it I won't have a way to view pictures I have taken - could download books and then not bring them - however, another expensive electronic to worry about...
  • Shoes - sigh I have big feet - I think I have settled on just my running shoes and some flip flops - while I would love to take some of my much loved boots they would fill my entire suitcase
  • Pants? - 17 days - cold, warm, comfy... how many? I do have some cool zip off pants they are definitely coming.  Pair of yoga pants, jeans? Capris? Would 3 long pants be enough?
  • Socks, underware, 5 obviously doing laundry while gone...
  • bra - sports, comfy, supportive? Forget the supportive! COMFY!
  • Coat - rain or warmth? I feel I need to chose between my new raincoat (waterproof) or a super warm but not waterproof jacket - I think both would be to much. Madrid will be coldest the rest of the trip looks like mid 60s lows in mid 30-40 range...
  • Cosmetics - pretty easy I'm not a fussy girl...
  • Hair - I have an appointment tomorrow - do I cut this mop off and go short or keep it long and just braid/bun/pony every day?
Any wisdom out there? If so please share :)

Frychik



No comments:

Post a Comment