Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Georgia on my mind...

Tornadoes scare the crap out of me!
Thankfully I've never been hurt or lost anything due to a tornado but I only know that in hindsight...

I've been through several harrowing storms in the South.
There is nothing like being told their is a tornado headed right towards you and
-you don't have a basement
-you have two small children to protect
-you live in a tiny town never before mentioned on the news and they report its headed right towards you...
-you have no idea what the next few min., hours, hold for you as you huddle in a bathtub with your babies...
-
LOL - I have to pause here and insert that I just felt my first earthquake...while I'm writing about tornadoes mind you! I think that is hilarious!

While it was a small earthquake - they just reported it as a 3.6 it is freaky! I've always managed to be gone, asleep or in a location where I simply didn't feel the other earthquakes that have hit our area...and it is BIZARRE to feel your entire house shake!

Anyway...as I was saying tornadoes freak me out and I seriously was about to say I would take an earthquake over a tornado any day! I did not in any way invite one to actually take place! And I'm thankful it was small!

Adairsville, Georgia just South of Calhoun (our home away from home) was hit hard today by tornadoes...
My heart goes out to those who have lost their homes or worse a loved one.  We have checked in with our friends in Calhoun and it seems all is well with them...

I'm just gonna conclude by saying I'm looking forward to heaven...

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment