Friday, February 1, 2013

9 hour time difference...




I leave in a week!
Today I actually have butterflies! And I'm starting to hug my family more frequently and for longer periods of time...Ty just LOVES it! ;p

I'm also starting to think about what time it is in Spain while its a completely different time here and what a GIGANTIC time difference 9 hours is...

I have developed the most annoying habit of waking up at 4:30 AM - it used to be 5:30 but apparently that wasn't early enough....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway, this morning at 4:30 AM I thought hmmm its 1:30 in the afternoon in Spain right now...How weird is that.

I have experienced 9 hour time difference a few time before and its rough the first day.  I know the key is to stay awake and not lay down and take a nap the moment you arrive in your hotel room.  I did that once...

It was my 3rd trip to Europe and we were in Paris.  We (students in tow) had done the typical leave at the crack of dawn fly all day/night (time difference) land in Paris in the morning and hit the ground running for "Day 1" of the tour.  Towards the end of the day we had an hour and a half down time in the hotel before dinner...I decided to sleep, wisely I set my alarm but when that alarm went off I felt like I was a mile under water buried in cement...I could NOT wake myself up! Which wasn't an option since I was the responsible adult on the trip! So lesson learned no naps!


Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment