Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thank you?

Have you ever thanked someone for something you weren't really thankful for?

For example

 - A police officer as they hand you a ticket?
-Your children when they deliver the laundry to the laundry room?
-The technician who just squashed your breasts between two pieces of metal?

It has been a hectic transition from the peaceful solitude of my summer to the classroom craze...

This week in addition to teaching I had/have two major school events to plan and my first assignment in my latest Masters class due...

And at some point I decided to throw a mammogram in for good measure....

On Monday I had my appointment scheduled...I knew this because I had put in the calendar in my phone, written in my planner and I had received a reminder call...

Monday was the day before the school picnic where I had planned to go to Merwin Park - I planned to take 140 people to Merwin Park right up to about 1 pm on Monday when someone casually mentioned to me that Merwin Park was under construction....

Thanks Mom for dropping everything and heading up to Merwin to check the park out...as I rushed to "squeeze" in my mamo feeling a bit stressed but determined to get the appointment over with so I could cross it off my to do list...

I arrived and attempted to check in.  They asked for my name, paused, typed, asked for my birth date, paused, typed and then smiled and said "I'm sorry we don't have you on the schedule" What?  I explained about the reminder call and she said "we don't do reminder calls" Huh? Who called me? Where was I supposed to be?

The woman was so helpful she called another location and I wasn't on their schedule either...she pointed out that it had been 4 years since my last mamo and I pointed out that yes, the last experience wasn't so great so I decided to spread them out a bit...

With the mystery unsolved they kindly directed me to an appointment phone so I could get myself on the schedule for another time...as I sat there on hold a manager came over and offered to slip me in!  What a doll! Suddenly all I wanted in the world was to have a mammogram done right then!

Within 15 min. I was standing in a room with a stranger with the girls hanging out as she gently lifted, smoothed, tugged and then squashed with all her might...I'm not gonna lie it hurt!

But after she had finished side two I smiled and said "Thank you so much!"

:)

Frychik

PS - Thank you for those who commented last time :) Its reassuring :)


No comments:

Post a Comment