Thursday, December 19, 2013

The wedding dress 25 years latter...




I remember wedding dress shopping...
I remember I had a pile of gowns in the room but I already knew that the one at the bottom would be my dress...
It was gorgeous! I loved the material!
I loved that it wasn't overly poofy!
I loved it!
Such a shame to only wear it once...
 I loved it so much that I wore it as we left the reception and headed to the hotel in our little 
Dodge Colt...
I remember all the attention I got when we arrived at the hotel...
I like attention...
I remember Jeff struggling with the one million buttons... :)


I never paid to have my dress "properly" stored...
It is in a clear plastic bag which is inside another black plastic garbage bag and has been in the bottom of my cedar chest for the past 20 some odd years...
Until yesterday...


I have never wanted to try the dress on because on the day I was married that baby fit me like a glove..
I have since grown breasts and birthed two babies...
But I found myself digging it out last night and I couldn't help myself...
The arms were even tight!
I think my "girth" is at least double what it was 25 years ago...
Oh well...


The veil still fits!





This is a picture from our romantic anniversary dinner...
Ty was playing in his first ever official basketball game and there was no way we were gonna miss it!
He even scored a basket!
So that was pretty cool!



Besides we did have a pretty amazing anniversary celebration last month...
So no complaints!




Frychik


2 comments:

  1. I tried your wedding dress on before Rod and I got married, not that I would have worn it but it was still hanging in my closet so I thought why not, and as skinny as I was then I couldn't get it buttoned either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing! So fun and such a huge accomplishment to still be happily married 25 years later!

    ReplyDelete