Monday, June 24, 2013

Coronado - I'm in love




I'm in love...
When we talked about a quick vacation this summer several things bounced through my mind...
Warm...
Pool....
Relaxed...
It took some time to think of where to go - but eventually we decided on San Diego and then thankfully I thought of "The Del"


Celebrating 150 years...
Which means this beauty was built in 1863...
Which blows my mind...
Do you know what was happening in American history in 1863?




Sadly, on the other side of the continent we were blowing up beautiful buildings like this in a little event called 
The Civil War...
Meanwhile in California they were building this beauty...



I believe I took about 20 pictures of this building it is beautiful!
Not as grand inside...
Hard to capture on a camera but the character, the wood, the details, the fixtures the ancient elevator with an ancient elevator operator man (wish I had taken his picture)



Simply Fantastic!  The feel of the place is Americana - it just reeks of history :)
Like you expect to see JFK or Fred Astaire or some other iconic American walk around the corner...




Our room was lovely and while I'm sure not the grandest or fanciest...
it was in the perfect location! In the picture above you see white umbrellas below the red roof - below the white umbrellas are rooms that is where our room was...As you opened the "front door" our back was to the pool....


And "out back" the door from our room opened up to a gorgeous lawn which lead to the gorgeous Pacific Ocean...
There is nothing like being lulled to sleep each night by the ocean...
It also helps tremendously when you are trying to sleep in a room with 3 snoring Fry men...



I'm not the sleeping in type so each morning I would begin by sitting on the patio, and then I would wander out to the ocean or I would go for a run along the walkway...
In my opinion the perfect way to begin each day!





Of course the very best part was that we were together as a family...
It was fun, relaxed and warm.
Watching my kids play in the pool together and then joining them in a family game of keep away...
(Which, by the way, I do not recommend playing with a giant its just no fun!)
Boogie boarding in the ocean...
Eating outside for every meal...
Laughing and spending time together...




If only every day could be a vacation day...

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment