Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hmmm, where to next?




Its a lovely problem to have...
Too much time and wondering what to fill it with...
I wish I could appreciate it more...
I long for it when I'm really really busy, but when I have it I'm not so good at it...

Anyway...

My husbando and I will be celebrating 25 years (if all goes well) of wedded bliss this December.
Our plan is to go away...
I wish we could close our eyes, spin the globe and where ever our finger lands that is where we would be off to for the next month...
But we are spoiled enough to be able to plan a getaway even with time and money constraints.

We have one week
We have limited funds
We want to go somewhere warm (anniversary date 12-18)
Side note - don't let your children get married at Christmas time - TERRIBLE time of year to try and travel!
Must use a passport - and must not be Canada or Mexico or Puerto Rico they just don't count... :)
Must be in Western Hemisphere because of time constraints

So with all that in mind...
We had it all planned...
We had (have) room reservations at a lovely resort...
We had (and now don't) two plane tickets that would whisk us there and back again
Belize was the destination it was all done and wrapped up in a bow and nothing could stop us now!



Turns out the Airlines can stop us...
Travelocity can frustrate us...
And even well laid out plans can fall apart...

The good news is we have now finally received a full refund for both of our plane tickets
the bad news is that last night we got into a heated argument about the trip...
Yes, even after so many years every once in a great while we disagree...
I will spare you the details, except to say it delayed us from making any firm decisions...

So, I'm hoping that we will have things wrapped up soon...
It does seem every time I bring the subject up my husband suggests another "obstacle" preventing us from pulling the trigger...
Maybe its not meant to be....



But I sincerely hope that is not the case...
Because there is nothing better than to have a trip lined up in the near future to look forward to!

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment