Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Glaubensunwilligkeit!

So this is the first week of summer vacation around here...
People are sleeping in..
The house is quiet until about 12...then the demand for breakfast begins...

So I actually get up earlier to enjoy the quiet...
To work on my class...

Yes, it's true school is not out for me...
School will be with me ALL SUMMER, only to end Aug 21...which is 3 days before the fist day of teaching..

I'm 7 weeks into my 16 week graduate class, almost halfway there...
So far I'm holding at 100%
This week I have to put together an annotated bibliography....

My vocabulary now includes words such as;
Historiography
Historicism
Disciplinary Frame
Juridical
Hagiography
Lacunae - fancy word for "gap" - honestly does every common word have to have a "fancy" one?
Positivist
Anachronism
Postulates
Teleological
Glaubensunwilligkeit - seriously! German for "unwillingness to believe"
Gleichshaltung - German for "Political Coordination" i.e. - those Italians
Natality - birthrate
Hegemony

Yes, its all very impressive, if you hang out with a bunch of old mean who wear bow ties...

Oh, well I look pretty good in a bow tie...

Frychik

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on keeping such good grades! I love the gerbera daisies!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete