Friday, August 30, 2013

Wildlife Refuge

This morning I decided on a whim to head out with my camera...
I ended up at the wildlife refuge...
I haven't been there for a long time and I enjoy trying to "capture" critters as they scamper about...



These creatures are called Nutria and they are kinda cute until they climb out of the water and their extra long rat tails drag behind them...
This one is gonna tick his momma off when he comes home looking like that!



Besides looking for critters its just a beautiful location...



Wide open spaces as well as the forested areas...
In the past I've been able to find raccoons frolicking in these trees...
But today all was quiet and serene...
Except my phone...
As I was juggling my camera equipment looking for critters, driving I was also juggling a mini crisis with my oldest son...
It seemed for a few hours that he was not going to get medically cleared to play soccer which meant he would be missing his road trip to PUC and his first soccer games as a college student.
As I was scrambling calling different people and talking with the AD at WWU I managed not to drive off the road and to snap a few pictures...



I have loved the skies lately
 Fortunately Josh was able to find a Dr. in Walla Walla so that is worked out...



I've been working on my website this past week...
I have finally added more pictures from my trip to Spain and Morocco...
I received a message today that someone may be interested in buying a picture or two...


Herons crack me up...
They either look really snoody or ticked off...
I can't decide which...
But I have decided I like them very much because they eat snakes...
Which yes is disgusting but I would rather have them eaten than slithering about...


The Nutria were all over the place today...
They were having a party I think...


I was even a bit hopeful that they were beavers...
I don't know the difference well enough ( I imagine beavers are larger) other than the obvious tail...
I couldn't see the tail while they were in the water...





Bird...


It was a Nutria...
So none of the Coyotes, raccoons, or any other critters I had hoped for...

Frychik



No comments:

Post a Comment