Friday, June 3, 2011

Finally!

Have I mentioned my oldest is 6'6" ?
Not only is he tall... he comes from two parents that have played a lot of basketball in our day...
Having said that the kid has never, ever played on a basketball team...
Until last night...

He finally accepted the genes he was dealt...
He was nervous! He told me yesterday at lunch "just because I'm 6'6" doesn't mean I know how to play the game"...
He has been going to open gym and he has played many a game of driveway ball with his parents...
But this would be his very first official, basketball game...

Texting his girlfriend right before game time (barf)

 Look at that boys reach! He's barely jumping!


Ironically, his first match up in the city league was against PAA...

 That's my boy going for the hoop with all those hands trying to stop him...



Ummm, son that would be a foul...
You are not supposed to grab their wrists...but if you get away with it its ok ;)

I included this picture because I find it hilarious how he towers over his grandpa...
Grandpa was the only one willing to hug the stinky beast ;)

Bottom line...the kid did good!
Watch out, when he gets some experience under his belt it will be exciting!

Frychik

1 comment:

  1. it is about time! My Josh has tried for years to get your boys to play! Glad to see that he is FINALLY doing it... now to work on Ty. :)

    ReplyDelete