Friday, February 17, 2012

Loss

Love people!




Just love them!

It's been an emotionally draining week.  My sweet little nieces have lost their grandpa...they called him "pa".  He has lived with them and been part of their daily lives.  He is not nearly old enough to die (what is that age?) but his body has been abused past its limits.

What makes matters worse for those closest to him is that awful decisions had to be made...and now the waiting....

He was taken off of life support yesterday morning and as of tonight is still lingering...

My mom and I went through this a few years back with my Uncle and it is an awful process...as if the situation isn't awful enough...

My nieces don't know yet...they know pa is in the hospital and don't understand why they can't visit him...They are 7,6 and 3.



I was 4 when my Grandpa died


I loved him very much and I knew at that young age how much he loved me.  It has made a lasting impression on me.
I remember that he was sick (he had emphysema) I remember to be careful not to press on his chest when I sat on his lap.  I remember that we had an anointing of him and I remember praying so fiercely in my heart that Jesus would heal my Grandpa.  The second the prayer ended I crossed the prayer circle and asked if he was all better...

I remember the night my Grandmother came home sobbing, hysterically...
I was scared I didn't understand...
My Mom took me to the bedroom and tried to explain death and heaven to me...
I remember she was calm but very sad...

I remember trying to figure out what death was...what did it mean?
I'm not sure when, but I think the next day I walked out of my grandmothers house and noticed a dead bird on the ground...I remember thinking "oh that's what dead is"

But what I remember the most is how much he loved me. 
I wish with all my heart I could have had more time with him.
And I wish with all my heart I could spare my nieces this loss...

But I do believe in Heaven and I'm so thankful to have that reunion to look forward to.

LOVE YOUR PEOPLE!!!


Love,
Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment