Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The South - Part III - Animals

So we can't go to Paradise Ranch without spending time with all the animals...



These guys actually live at the Chattanooga Aquarium...but I like the way he was giving her the tongue so I took a picture :)



These two are ring tailed Lemurs.  I don't remember they guy above name but below is "Dropsy" Her tongue is permanently hanging out due to an unfortunate dental surgery accident...which makes me think twice about signing any medical releases in the future...



 Gonzo the Parrot thinks he is an eagle and has major attitude...His color photographs really well so I was happy to shoot him but I didn't want to get anywhere near that beak!


 This is Lucy an African Porcupine...she is also grouchy but she was busy munching her apple so I climbed in the cage with her and took some pictures...



Gizmo is a Kinkagew he likes fig newtons and is happt to ham it up for the camera....


Nakena the Siberian Lynx...she is VERY grouchy...the gate is open and I am shooting through a crack that is about 6 inches wide...moments after this shot she decided to get up and try to rip my face off...I was thankful that I had enough clarity to put my camera down and close the gate...



 Tyler talking to Sydney...the one that got a hold of me...

 In all honesty my favorite critters on the farm are the horses...every time I would show up in the field they would mosey over and stick their noses on my camera, knock over my tripod and generally make themselves comfortable with equipment :)

 They are big and gental and their noses are soft and the make lovely noises and I like them so much more than monkeys...
It is VERY difficult to take photos of monkeys....they NEVER hold still!

 So to recap....I prefer horses (even ones with odd blue eyes) to apes!


Golden Retrievers are pretty cool too! Hod me Josh!

This is Muffasa...Tyler loves every animal he meets...


Have a happy day!

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment