Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday - Phew!

So I got a surprise in the mail yesterday!


I find the form letter amusing...
Obviously they don't trouble themselves to look at the ID to determine the gender of the person..
Just to be clear I don't see myself as either a Sir or Madam...

Are they seriously offering to be of further assistance?
Because I would seriously like help in the following areas:

1. You can keep the debit card, credit card and insurance card -they have been replaced- but if you could please send back the 100 euros I would really appreciate it!

2. I would appreciate a full investigation into what happened - why because I'm curious - I have no intention of pressing charges since I was the dummy who lost the wallet in a cab- but I would really like to know the story...



I am very curious to know the circumstances of my wallet.
If only these items could talk...

It was a small black wallet with 5 cards in it and cash.  Two cards have been returned - what happened to the rest of it?  My guess is that more than one person found it...

Consider the following possibilities...

Cab driver finds it while cleaning his cab - pockets the cash, useful (to him) cards and turns the other over to the authorities...

Cab driver finds it while cleaning his cab and turns the entire contents over to the police who then pocket the cash and useful (to them) cards and then sends it to the American embassy...

The cab driver is unaware my wallet is on the floor of his cab and some other person riding in the cab finds the wallet and takes what they want and leaves the licence and insurance card in the wallet on the floor of the cab, then the cab driver finds it and turns it in...

Someone finds the wallet takes what they want tosses it in a dumpster, a garbage man finds it and turns it in..

Wouldn't it be fascinating to know...my guess is more than one person was involved, maybe more...

What do you think?

In other news my man-child drove himself to WWU yesterday...the first of many trips...
He is there by personal invitation (fancy!) to try out for the soccer team - he's very excited



Also apparently it was or is national sibling day - so here's a pic of my little "sister" :)

I love that my parents didn't cut his hair...there was more than one occasion people thought he was my sister :) Isn't he cute!


Frychik


No comments:

Post a Comment