Wednesday, April 24, 2013

How many pictures of tulips do I need?


I absolutely love a market...
When I travel my favorite place to visit is the market...
Sure palaces, museums, parks are all nice but nothing gets my blood pumping like a good market...
I so wish Portland had a big meandering public market like Pikes Place...
It would fit perfectly with our big meandering Powell's books...


If your not familiar with the gum wall....
This is the gum wall...
Gross but fascinating at the same time...



And then of course there are the flowers...
So many gorgeous flowers...
And its TULIP SEASON!!!!!!!!!
Massive, gorgeous, multi-colored tulips...
Gorgeous!!!!!!
I want them all...
I want to have a tulip farm...
Sigh....










But there is a point where this photographer has to wonder...
Have I taken too many pictures of these gorgeous flowers?


So I make my eye wander...
Looking for the other things that make markets so cool...
art, people, the unexpected...
I love all those things too...


But gasp...
There they are again those gorgeous flowers and I'm distracted once again...







I tear myself away from the tulip row in an attempt to see something new in a market I have been to many, many times...




Loved the honey in the window!
The lighting was perfect!


I just finished my book club book...
It's called The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh...
In Victorian times the language of flowers was used to convey romantic expressions...
I love that!
There is a dictionary in the book and Tulips mean Declaration of Love
How perfect...






I wonder how gum wall translates? :)




I love the market and I love tulips...



With Love,

Frychik

2 comments: