Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday - Weekend recap




There was a bit of mystery going on in our home for a few days...
Turns out God was watching over us and protecting us in ways we did not understand...

One day last week I came home to a strange smell...
I couldn't identify it and it seemed to be evenly distributed throughout the entire house...
I was in a hurry grabbed what I came for and headed back out...

That evening Tyler was drinking from a plastic cup and he said "smell this" which I did...he thought it smelled like stripples I thought it smelled -wasn't sure like what-assumed it was the plastic and thought we should throw the cup out.

The next day and another dishwasher cycle (this is key to the story) Tyler was once again drinking, this time from a glass, and he said "smell this" which I did...I said - let me smell your hands, thinking maybe it was soap on his hands...nope. I was stumped and offered that perhaps it was the new dishwasher soap we were using to which Ty replied "is it gonna kill us?"...

I happened to be unloading the dishwasher at the time and with no intention happened to notice a large wooden spoon laying across the heating element in the dishwasher.




I now know what the smell was in the house...it was the smell of burning wood! I estimate it sat on that heating element for a least two cycles...

Thankful the house didn't burn and thankful to have solved the mystery!



On Friday evening we had the opportunity to watch two of our nieces play in their very first softball game...
It was raining and cold and muddy and frankly softball/baseball has always moved way too slow for me...
However, when it is your adorable nieces and they have the coolest uniforms (check out those socks!) you go and you're happy about it!




On Sabbath we had an unexpected lunch invitation.  Which are always the best.  Warm friends, beautiful home and a lovely walk enjoying the flowers.  Man I love spring! I love how God designed the flowers to come out first the stark contrast against the dark, bare trees just make their colors that much more dramatic!





Sunday was busy but we began with breakfast with friends.  Love that! Then we had errands and then there was a work event...
Not my work but Jeff's.  A "meet and greet" at a wine bar downtown...
There are several reasons why I don't enjoy these things...


However, it did get me downtown which I always enjoy...
And since there wasn't any real food involved I told me husband he owed me and that meant we got to go out to eat :)

Oh man do I love the tofu lettuce wraps!



I love fortune cookies, I actually get nervous opening the fortune up and reading it.  I can't help it it's one of those superstitious beliefs I hold on to.  I want them to be true...





 And of course my happy place Powells...
What a wonderful magical world...
I could live there...I would actually enjoy working there!
But then I would have to give up my awesome commute!

I hope you had a happy weekend :)

Frychik


No comments:

Post a Comment