Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mr. Owl


Man do I love this picture...
Those are my sons silhouetted (holy cow that is a difficult word to spell!) against the sunset and Whitman mission to the right...

And now I will telly you the story of the owl...
We were headed back to the car when the boys spotted the Great Horned Owl...
It was getting very dark and I did not have my tripod so I was anxious to get a shot but I figured I wouldn't get a very clear shot because of the darkness and the fact that I was shaking with excitement. I so wanted Mr. Owl to stay still and let me take pictures of him...



But each time I would get close to him he would fly away....



And land just a little further away...
I would again walk  v e r y  s l o w l y stopping to take a pic every so often not knowing how close he would let me get...
And then just when I thought he might let me get close, he would fly away..until he didn't...and then I so wanted to get close enough that I could get the owl and the moon (I'm greedy like that) and he actually sat there for 5 min posing for me...


I will be the first to admit these are not fantastic quality shots...
But it was still really fun and exciting...


It was also a cool experience to have with the whole family...


They were just as happy for me as I was :)



And then when he was tired of me snapping his picture he just flew away...







Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment