Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summer time blues...




I'm not gonna lie...
This summer sucks in many, many ways....

However,

I cannot escape the fact that I am older and wiser and as a result I can see God's blessings even through it all...

1.  Time - while it is many times my enemy one way or another...I am really trying to embrace it... With Joshua's departure from my daily routine I find myself protecting, embracing and cherishing the time I have left with Ty before he abandons me as well... :) And as my ever optimistic husband points out "enjoy it now because you are gonna be crazy busy before you know it"  - of course neither of us knows what that will be...

2.  I feel my trust in God growing...I trust more that I can have temper-tantrums and He doesn't mind...He just loves me and is there....

3.  I have an AMAZING husband and mother and I'm so very blessed that they are both in my life in a very consistent and available way.

4. Music - I am consistently amazed how many times a song speaks to my situation.
Sidewalk Profits has a song "If there's a road I should walk help me find it, if I need to be still give me grace for the moment.  Whatever Your will can you help me find it?"  - Perfect...

5.  God is leading...where I don't know...but He's in charge.




And because I like to focus on the positive here are some things that I am really appreciating about this summer

1. Weather - it has been AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Garden - tomatoes are red!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Pumpkins!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am growing the largest pumpkins I have ever grown (not Charlie Brown giant pumpkins but still they are big!)
4. It is so fun to see Ty emerge from his brothers shadow and step up!
5. Thankful I have the time to be available for Ty and others that need me.
6. Thankful we have had the chance to camp, bike, boat, hike, visit with friends, etc....


Focusing on the positive today...

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment