Thursday, January 27, 2011

Winter Sports

For the past 6 years I have had the tough job of driving my boys up to ski on Wednesdays during Winter Sports...

Yes, its rough...

This pic is from 05...
I melt when I look at that little face!

This pic is from '11...
More specifically, yesterday...

My goodness how time flies....

When all this began Josh who is now in high school and sadly, cant join us on Wednesdays anymore...
was in 5th grade...

Which means Ty was in 3rd and their "big sister" was in 7th...


Jeff and I skied BK (before kids) and we were anxious to get back to it when we moved back to the NW...
However, our kids were still too small and it was difficult to pawn them off for an entire Sunday so mommy and daddy could go play in the snow...

Then they got bigger...
but it was such a chore!
They couldn't tie their own boots
we had to carry their boards

They were slow
They couldn't keep up
We had to push them and pull them...

I still remember the first time all 4 of us rode up on the same lift and began skiing together...
Actually they "ride" but I still say ski...
I was thrilled that we had finally made it! 
This was something we could do together as a family!












So, yesterday Jeff, Ty and I along with a couple of Ty's friends left at 7am and headed for our mountain...
It's sad that this will be my last year...
Ty graduates this year and then its on to High School where they don't take a day in the middle of the week to play in the snow...

One benefit of Jeff's current unemployment is that we both can go...





I took advantage and made sure he did all the "manly" work...
Also, after all those years of not skiing because of the kids...
all those years of staying on the bunny hills and green runs...
all those years of carrying their stuff, tying their boots, buckling their bindings, zipping their coats...

waiting for them...
pulling them up hills...
encouraging...

They no longer have any time for us...
We only see him at lunch time...
and then he's off with his friends...


B R A T!!!

Not really, he's still my baby



Frychik

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I love the then now pictures of your boys. I also love the one with my boy in the background. Thanks for all the times you trucked him up there also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this... and oh my goodness I truly love that sweet picture of ty in 05.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to everything you wrote----years on the green & blue slopes---buckling bindings, etc. etc. :) How is Ty wearing the same jacket in the last two photos? He looks several years apart in age???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyler got that coat for Christmas in 09! I bought it big so he could wear it awhile. Thankfuly it still fits! He has changed dramatically this last year!

    ReplyDelete