Friday, December 31, 2010

The End

Today is the final day of 2010...
2010 gets mixed reviews from me...

There certainly was laughter and joy
There are wonderful friends and fun memories
There is love in the family

We have a home
We have love
We have each other

But there is also heartache
Family members that have pulled away
jobs that are lost

Milestones were reached
Josh turned 16 and learned to drive
My baby became a teenager
My husband found out just how tough this job market really is.
I made it to South America and was hired again at CAA

We almost moved to Florida or as I like to call it "a god forsaken sandbar"
But we didn't :)

So today is the first official day that Jeff does not have a job.
He went in yesterday, cleaned out his desk and said his goodbyes...

We really didn't think it would go this way...
There was a year to find a job
and now that year is gone...

Sometimes life just really stinks
there is disappointment
there is frustration
there is anger

Sometimes its really hard to hold onto HOPE.

When
All your efforts
All your planning
All your scheming
Doesn't produce a thing...

So that's all that's left to hold onto HOPE

So out with the old and on with the new...
I'm really hoping 2011 has good things in store!

Frychik

4 comments:

  1. Yes friend---hang onto that HOPE. I agree---out with the old, in with the new! One day at a time! Prayers and hugs to you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you and your family are a part of my life Shelly! Thank you for your friendship. This is just a valley that will great you on the other side with a beautiful picture. 2011 is going to be an amazing year for both of us. I'm certain of it. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written, dear friend. Yes, 2011 will be full of great things for you, I have full confidence and HOPE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post, Shelly.

    I'm just shocked and dismayed that Jeff hasn't found work yet. I know the economy is in shambles, but Jeff is a jewel. The idea that a prize like him isn't being fought over is an alarming sign.

    And still, this too shall pass. Normal will return and all good things will come your way.

    ReplyDelete