Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving week....


The best part of last week was having both of my boys home where they belong!
We haven't had Josh for an entire week since the first part of June!


He had to have surgery on Tuesday to have a cyst removed from his neck...I had deep dark fears that what was supposed to be a cyst was really something much more sinister and was tremendously relieved when the surgery was over and the Dr. said all went well and it wasn't wrapped around or attached to anything vital...


I peeled lots and lots of potatoes...
I still can't figure out how to have one Thanksgiving...


Honestly, one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is the Macy's Day Parade...
I love the marching bands and the huge balloons!
If I had a bucket list I would definitely have being at the Macy's Day Parade in NY city on Thanksgiving morning...


On Thanksgiving Day we invited our friends over and we officially pigged out...
As we are supposed to do on this holiday!


We played games and puzzled...
It was a lovely day...



On black Friday we had wood delivered and Jeff and I stacked it...
Oh what fun....


Friday night we ventured into the big city for the Christmas tree lighting...
We stopped by Fennigan's which is an awesome toy store...
Ty's favorite animal is a sloth...
Is that weird?


Gift ideas...


The weather was perfect for the tree lighting...
We didn't make it into the square...it was packed!
but we found a great spot and all declared it was an awesome tree lighting...




Then on Sabbath we had our second Thanksgiving dinner...
Yummy!
I don't need to tell you that I am on serious calorie restrictions this week...


I was happy that we could get our tree while Josh was still home...
He seemed happy that we did it while he was here as well...
Which made me even happier...


Another thing that makes me happy is that I no longer have to do any of the heavy lifting when it comes to the tree...
With burly men all around me I get to be the girl who says "a little more to the left, no now right, hmmm could you scooch the tree back a little? No I mean forward".... :)



Oh heaven help me!
I love my ornaments! So many of them have history with happy memories...
Every year when I pack up the Christmas ornaments I wonder what will change in the next year...When the ornament box is opened again will it have been a good year? What will be different...



But now its Monday morning...
Josh is safely back at WWU...
Jeff has gone to work...
Ty has been dropped off to school...
Sigh....
Vacations are never long enough!

Frychik

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog as always! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays Jill! I always appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete