Monday, September 12, 2011

Time flies when you're having fun!

It was perfect!

Perfect friends, perfect weather, perfect location...

Sigh and now it's just memories....

Why does it take so long for something to arrive and then it is over so quickly!

We had a fantastic weekend with our lovely Georgia friends!
We ate too much, laughed too much, showed them the sights, kept them up way past their eastern timezone bedtimes and my husband spent the entire trip teasing Connie and trying to make her laugh...

After picking them up at Seatac we headed to dinner and then somehow timed it perfectly to catch the "sunset" ferry to Bainbridge...well Connie and I did but since we were in two cars and the boys were not as quick as the girls they missed the ferry by 1 minuet!
The ferry was gorgeous!  Full moon, city lit up, gorgeous sunset, me with my camera....and no SD card! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR So just picture it in your mind because I got nothin!

Woke up to a gorgeous morning on Bainbridge Island and had breakfast at a lovely diner


Then we walked along the Marina...


Then we stopped at Paulsbo and picked up a little friend...which I quickly dispatched of...limb by limb (see FB pictures) YUMMY!


Then we went and visited some wildlife...I could totally relate to this guy after eating the guy above...


Encountered some hungry, slobbery, snotty "wildlife" ...


EWWWWWWWWWWWW! Look at the tongue!  I will admit to some screaming...


Stopped at a beautiful beach...


Drove up to Hurricane Ridge where the weather was perfect!  No wind, gorgeous sunset to the west and full moon rising to the east...Just incredible!  I assure you they just don't have stuff like this in Georgia...really why would they ever want to leave???





We had such a great visit with our friends!  It was very sad to see them go...


Bye Y'all...come back soon!

Frychik

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a great weekend! I love those kids of moments and memories!

    ReplyDelete