I believe I was 12 the first time I attended Fall Festival. That was 30 years ago! Ugg I have to pause here and feel old....
I remember getting so excited about Fall Festival that I would get a stomach ache! I could not wait for the sun to set and the party to begin.
Here I am my freshman year at CAA at Fall Festival
And here I am again last year.
I figure I've been to FF approximatetly 20 times (give or take a few). I've come as a kid, a grown up, a parent, a teacher, a parent volunteer, and this year I'm the SA sponsor which means I run the whole thing...
I have an amazing group of people to work with! If it weren't for them this year would be a disaster! I don't know what I'm doing! The details are killing me!
- How many booths can you fit on the east wall?
- Did you know that the booths with power have to go under the sound booth and between the bathrooms?
- Did you know that it takes several teenagers and hours of work and several days to rip the tickets into $10, $20 and $50 bundles?
- Did you know SA provides the paint for the signs? and the tape for the floor and butcher paper and the tickets themselves? Which by the way all costs a pretty penny!
- Did you know that we are making the ticket booth into a covered wagon this year?
- Do you know how to make a covered wagon out of butcher paper, pcp pipe and scrap wood? If so give me a call ASAP!
- Did you know that I have to get a costume for this weekend and I have no idea, where or when I will accomplish this?
- Should I go with the Little House on the Prairie look or the Sheriff?
- Did you know that SA has to make the "gym map" assigning everyone a space for their booth? And did you know that it doesn't all fit together easily??? Especially when someone decides they want a 16X12 bouncy house in the gym and you can't move the rope ladder because there is a thingy in the floor that it must attach to and you can't move the bucking bronco because there a thingies in the ceiling it much attach to and you can't move the free throw booth because you need the hoop...
- And did you know that you can't have a pie in the face booth anymore because they voted a few years ago that we can't do that anymore...(no I didn't know...grrrr)
I'm really, really hoping it all pulls together.
Come out Sat night and see for yourself