Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Have you been to Fall Festival at CAA?
I believe I was 12 the first time I attended Fall Festival.  That was 30 years ago!  Ugg I have to pause here and feel old....

I remember getting so excited about Fall Festival that I would get a stomach ache!  I could not wait for the sun to set and the party to begin.

Here I am my freshman year at CAA at Fall Festival



And here I am again last year.

I figure I've been to FF approximatetly 20 times (give or take a few).  I've come as a kid, a grown up, a parent, a teacher, a parent volunteer, and this year I'm the SA sponsor which means I run the whole thing...

I have an amazing group of people to work with!  If it weren't for them this year would be a disaster!  I don't know what I'm doing!  The details are killing me!

  • How many booths can you fit on the east wall? 
  •  Did you know that the booths with power have to go under the sound booth and between the bathrooms?
  • Did you know that it takes several teenagers and hours of work and several days to rip the tickets into $10, $20 and $50 bundles?
  • Did you know SA provides the paint for the signs? and the tape for the floor and butcher paper and the tickets themselves? Which by the way all costs a pretty penny!
  • Did you know that we are making the ticket booth into a covered wagon this year?
  • Do you know how to make a covered wagon out of butcher paper, pcp pipe and scrap wood?  If so give me a call ASAP!
  • Did you know that I have to get a costume for this weekend and I have no idea, where or when I will accomplish this?
  • Should I go with the Little House on the Prairie look or the Sheriff?
  • Did you know that SA has to make the "gym map" assigning everyone a space for their booth?  And did you know that it doesn't all fit together easily??? Especially when someone decides they want a 16X12 bouncy house in the gym and you can't move the rope ladder because there is a thingy in the floor that it must attach to and you can't move the bucking bronco because there a thingies in the ceiling it much attach to and you can't move the free throw booth because you need the hoop...
  • And did you know that you can't have a pie in the face booth anymore because they voted a few years ago that we can't do that anymore...(no I didn't know...grrrr)
Our theme is Westward Bound.  I suggested Westward Ho... but times have changed and that just wasn't gonna work..

I'm really, really hoping it all pulls together.

Come out Sat night and see for yourself

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment