Monday, May 16, 2011

Catch up

Last Sunday (Mother's day) I got a new bike
I have needed a new bike for a long time
The bike I had been riding I purchased in Orlando in 1989
It was time...


I love my new bike!
It is much lighter and I appreciate that and my cleats, as I huff and puff my way up a hill.
Because of rain, night commitments and rain we have only been out 3 times.
But we have managed to put on 45 miles already!
I'm excited because I really like it when Jeff and I ride together, it is a bonding time for me.
I'm dying and he's encouraging me to live...
It's good for the relationship.

On another note...

Yesterday, Sunday was a long day...
I rolled out of bed at 9 which is unusual! 8 is late for me.
I puttered until 9:30 and then sat mesmerized in front of the TV watching Art Wolfe's Travels to the Edge...AMAZING show, exactly what I want to do when I grow up!

Then I hit the books, well computer...
This stupid research class had me busy ALL DAY LONG!

I did take a break to beat my husband at racquetball ( I have to brag when it happens because even though I taught the boy how to play it is getting harder and harder to beat him and when I do win it's always oh so close)

Then back to the computer

Then I went to the Seniors auction and supported the graduating class by donating a whole $30, sorry I'm broke, just bought a new bike...

Then back to the computer....

I do find myself learning.
If you read my past post about taking this class and feeling intimidated and not knowing what a "monograph" was, I now know!
Monograph = Books of fairly narrow or specialized history topics.
See I'm smarter already!

I did however stumble over the section telling me to avoid the following

Sentence fragments (My nemesis)

Misplaced and dangling modifier (I have no clue!)

Faulty parallelism (huh?)

Unclear pronoun reference ( a favorite of mine)

Comma splice (yea, no clue)

Apostrophe errors ( I think I do al'right on this one ;)

So yesterday's lesson taught me that you have to be a stinkin English Teacher if you want to get your Masters in History...

I hate English....

Now if you will excuse me, I have to answer the following question for class:
"How can understanding the tripartite nature of written material contribute to the evaluation of sources?"

What the heck is "tripartite"
Am I the only one that doesn't know?
Please tell me I'm not the only one that doesn't know this word...

Frychik

3 comments:

  1. You are not the only one who doesn't know what tripartite means and I've never known what a dangling participle is either. Let me know when you find out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need some help with the english, let me know ;) I just finished taking an AP test...jk. you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No clue what a tripartite is. I'm thinking my class is more fun than your class. *grins

    ReplyDelete