Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow!

Yesterday morning I looked out the window and for a moment I thought it had snowed...

Everything was white...
Then I realized we had our first hard frost of the season...
So I grabbed my camera and took some shots..


 My Dahlias have held on to the very end...

 My Hydrangea looked like it had been dipped in sugar...
 I thought these leaves looked so cool! 




I thought the frost was lovely!  I had heard the weathermen predicting snow...

Snow is a big deal around here.
We don't get enough of it as far as I'm concerned.

Our weathermen tend to be really bad a predicting it...
It tends to show up when they don't predict it...

Once the weatherman says those magical words "snow" we all get excited!
We knew there was a chance yesterday but we got way more than any of us expected...

By mid afternoon we had snow falling!  I was in town without my camera so I didn't get to take any "first snow" pics :(
Then the hope for a "snow day" began.  Today is a school day...there is only one thing with the power to stop it at this point...
Snow...

Sadly, no snow day today...
However there is hope for tomorrow...
The weatherman says we may get more tonight...




This is what my backyard looks like this morning...
As I type this I'm listening to the weatherman tell us more is coming...

Tomorrow I have a test scheduled to give to my class...
I would love a snow day so I don't have test to grade over Thanksgiving!
Shhhh don't tell them I'm hoping for a snow day as well! ;)

Enjoy the snow!

Frychik

1 comment:

  1. finally I disagree with you...
    don't really like the snow.
    prefer warm sunny days.

    but since we aren't going anywhere for Thanksgiving I guess a little of the white stuff won't be too bad.

    ReplyDelete