Monday, October 29, 2012

Senior Recognition

Senior Recognition...

Another step along the journey that will lead to my first born packing his belongings and driving away...
Sigh... 





This picture amuses me...the various phases of readiness...

There that's better...I threatened them if they didn't look at my camera and smile there would be no hope of passing my class!
Not really...
But I like to pretend I have some control over them...
It's best they think I do...
Or I'm in big trouble!

So the Seniors marched...and yes, it made me think of graduation and the fact that it is so much closer!
And it made me think of the 100s! (well probably not 100s but LOTS and LOTS) of Senior Recognitions I have gone to over the years and how all those kids are long gone and grown up...just like these guys will be in a matter of months...

And I did not cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I was emotional at last years graduation thinking I only had ONE YEAR LEFT! I wasn't prepared for all these other emotional events that would be ripping open my heart through the year....



Its gonna be a long year...
I better drink lots of water or I will dehydrate!







One final picture...

Do you know her?

We don't...
She literally walked into the picture as we were posing and said "I'm the grandma!"
LOL!
We didn't even get any pictures with the real grandmas!

Hug your kids!
They are growing up fast!

Frychik

1 comment:

  1. Ahh - Comments are back! That same sweet little old lady chatted with me too! Was asking me why I wasn't home that afternoon when she had stopped by. She was pleasantly confused and very sweet. I've been thinking that I had a couple years on local college before I had to gear up to say goodbye, but now it's looking soon and I'm feeling sad. It's gone by so fast. Thanks for the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete