Thursday, November 21, 2013

One more post on Belize - Random

Sorry if you're getting tired of Belize...
One more post and I will stop :)


Since we arrived after dark I was anxious to wake up and see the crystal blue Caribbean sea and sky...Instead I saw pouring down rain. If you look closely you can see the drops falling off our thatched roof...


I love the pattern of the thatched roofs! I'm thinking of redoing our roof this way...


There were coconuts everywhere! The trees were loaded with them and they are heavy! If one of these babies fell on you it would hurt!


Many of the homes we say were up on stilts like this one and their clothes lines were under the homes - which works well during the rainy season...however with the high humidity I wonder how long it takes for their clothes to dry...


Bananas taste so much better when you can eat one that was ripe when picked.  On our flight from Placencia to Belize City I sat next to Gary a banana buyer for England.  He spends 6 months a year traveling to Central and South America to inspect the bananas they are buying.  He said it takes about 2 weeks from the time a banana is picked (green) until it is in the stores for sale...


The water was soooo warm! Have I mentioned that?



I am looking down because a stupid bird had just tried to poop on me! It could not have come any closer without nailing me in the face! I'm looking down at the ground to see what just went splat between my feet...Gross birds!


Ahhh...


I think I may make a bunch of these signs and sell them to any and all mothers of sons...


Our room was very nice :)


One day when the waves were bigger Jeff and I sat on the lower dock...the waves would slap us in the butt and get us wet.  So we called that part of the dock the "butt slapper" We know how to have fun!



Ouch! 


25 years (Dec 18) and going strong :)


I miss waking up to a new animal creation at breakfast every morning!

But I am loving our clear cold days! And I'm trying to adjust to thinking about Thanksgiving (next week!) And Christmas...
And I am thankful for an awesome trip with my hubby :)

The end...

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment