Tuesday, October 5, 2010

16????????????

 Josh's birth was rather dramatic...
 He was due on Nov. 20th and after an attempt on Sept 5th and 4 weeks of hospital beds, ambulance rides, and crossing of the legs...he arrived on October 5th
 He was so tiny.  So very tiny.  Newborn sizes looked this big on him...
 He was amazingly healthy but was jaundice so he got to hang out under the lights with a cool pair of "shades"

It was terrifying to see my baby with all those wires.  But he really was amazingly healthy. A miracle from God
 Today that tiny premature baby turns 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did that happen?

 He no longer snuggles into my chest and sleeps
 But on the other hand, he no longer spits up all over me either :)
 I'm so proud of him.  I realize this is the same son I vented about a few weeks ago...
Time really does fly by...I remember thinking I would never survive those baby/toddler days.  I would grit my teeth and smile tersely when people would give my that annoying "knowing" look and say "it goes by so fast, before you know it they will be gone"  I didn't believe them then...now I do...In fact, in an odd twist of fate, just yesterday I ran into a dear friend who has two small ones.  It's a difficult time.  I remember it well.  My heart went out to her but then I remembered all those smug parents who went before me an bit my tongue and tried not to repeat what had been said to me...

but it really does go by fast...

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment