Friday, October 15, 2010

Ugg I have a bug

So today I will definitely be on the couch.

As I was propped up in bed trying to sleep I had a few observations...

  • I felt so much sinus pressure on my face it felt like an elephant had placed his great big round foot squarely on it!
  • It literally felt like my head would explode if I swallowed
  • My throat was so dry from breathing through my mouth that I needed to swallow every 30 seconds
  • Robitussin doesn't do didly squat!
  • I was amazed that I couldn't even smell the vicks I had rubbed on the end of my nose and all over my chest (some serious blockage)
  • Why is it sometimes you can breath in one nostril but you can't breathe out of the same nostril? 
  • You realize when one nostril does clear how very, very thankful you are that you have two

On a different note...

As I was sitting in my chair with a blanket feeling miserable I decided I should read my book "Great Expectations" I sent Ty out to the car to get my purse which is were the book was.  He came back in and announced my purse wasn't in the car...

Oh man, it has happened again!  I thought back to when I used it last.  Josh and I had run to Taco Bell for lunch.  I remember very clearly hanging it on the back of the seat.  I don't remember taking it back to the car.
I did a quick mental inventory of what was in my purse...about $100 cash, credit and bank cards, my B&N discount card! My new camera, check book...Not to mention the purse itself was one I had bought in Peru...

I have left my purse before... in fact several times before.  One time I left it in a shopping cart in the Albertsons parking lot and didn't realize it for 3 days! Got it back with everything in it.  I left it in another Taco Bell and got it back.  Left it in Burgerville, and left it in yet another Taco Bell in the Dalles when I was in high school and someone drove it all the way to Walla Walla for me.

I figured my luck had run out...There was just no way I deserved to get it back.  I held my breathe while Jeff called Taco Bell and was beyond amazed and grateful when they said they had it!  The next question would everything still be in it?  Unbelievably it was all safe!


So I would like to give a shout out to all the honest people out there in the world! 

I would also like to say thank you for prayers answered long before you even know to pray for them!

And I think I won't take my purse into Taco Bell's anymore.

I'll be on the couch with my book...

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment