Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Eeyore...




I'm sick! I went to bed with a sore throat and I've woken up with an even sorer throat! Uggh!  Thank goodness I don't teach today!

I hate being sick! It puts me in a very Eeyorish mood.  Everything is negative...I tend to wallow and be impatient with my sickness.  But that's probably normal...


I'm trying really hard to read Charles Dickens "Great Expectations"  It one of the many classics I missed growing up.  But it has such small type that it seems to take a week to just read 10 pages. 

But I wanted to share one part that I think is just the cleverest way of describing something





"It was a rimy morning, and very damp.  I had seen the damp lying on the outside of my little window, as if some goblin had been crying there all night, and using the window for a pocket-handkerchief. "

Isn't that cool!  I admire good writing.

As I get further into the book things are sounding faintly familiar...Mrs Havisham with her one shoe and a room which has frozen in time...

Have I read this before? Have I seen a movie? Or have I just heard people talk about it over my lifetime and that's why it familiar?

So, I will take advantage of my sick, weakened state and sit on the couch today and read without guilt.  Well, until it warms up enough for me to plant my 60 tulip bulbs which showed up on my doorstep...


I hate being sick! But having a book to read always makes any situation better.  Maybe someone should give Eeyore a book...

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment