I'm happily breathing through both nostrils and the cough that made me sound like a seal dying on the beach has subsided.
So yesterday I did what I always do the day I decided I'm over my sickness, I cleaned like a madwoman. I figure there are germs laying about and I must destroy them...That and the fact that when I'm sick nothing gets done...
I also made some serious progress in the book "Great Expectations" I'm actually starting to like it...Here are some observations~
- I feel I can relate to Pip and his feeling of wanting more out of life that what he was born into. That's the American Dream right?
- I don't understand why this was awakened in him after a visit to a creepy old woman's house? Why is it that seeing her dark, cobwebbed, cake rotting interior and meeting the oh so snotty Estelle does he suddenly want a better life...like them?
- Who is his mysterious benefactor? Is it Mrs. Havesham? I wonder if it isn't the escaped convict in the bog that he stole the file for?
- Will becoming a gentlemen and coming into his fortune change him into a better or worse person?
- Ultimately will his "great expectations" be met or disappointed?
- Why do there have to be so many extra and unnecessary words in this book?
In other matters of my life I'm feeling slightly abused because I have to go into work today. Let me explain...I'm part time...which means I get paid part time, I don't have benefits, I don't receive subsidy and there are other things that happen along the way of which I'm excluded because of my PT status. However, meetings are scheduled on days I don't work and then I go in and put in my hours as if I'm FT....However, on the bright side I am looking forward to hanging out with my colleagues as a group. I haven't had much chance to do that.
I hope you have an amazing day!