Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When it rains it pours....

Life has been generally good lately...
I've found myself happy and content with life...
I am blessed with an awesome but busy/challenging job...
I am blessed with a healthy wonderful family...

But the last few days things keep trying to derail my good feelings...
Last night I thought I was at my breaking point...
But I discovered it was actually this morning...

Last Wednesday we dropped off the Honda because of the ominous shaking and rattling is was doing...
Turns out new brakes, tires and wipers are needed... $$$$
The plan was to leave it there while we were in WW and then pick it up Sunday so Jeff would have a way to work Monday morning for his early meeting...

We picked it up on Sunday as planned.  I drove it to Winco to grab groceries, came home then got back in the Honda to head to volleyball...
I didn't get far before the car started making a horrible noise...

Long story short, they messed something up had to take it back in Monday AM and Jeff missed his meeting..

Then my oven...my beautiful 1979 built into a solid brick wall oven died...
Since we had already replaced the element and considering its age we didn't think it was worth the cost of a repairman...
So last night we bit the bullet and had someone come over and discuss what could be done...
I have liked my "vintage" oven just fine but one thing that is frustrating is that it is small.  Like I can't fit a regular cookie sheet in it small.  I can't put two casseroles in side by side small...so I was consoling myself about having to spend money on a new oven with the though that at least I could get a bigger oven...maybe even double ovens!  Then reality hit...Have you priced those suckers lately???
So we were told last night that because of the solid brick that surrounds the current opening for the oven it can not be widend so we couldn't go bigger...however if you took out the cabinets here and there and moved those cabinets and built a cabinet here we could put an oven there and a microwave oven there...$$$$ not to mention the cost of the appliances themselves...I was stressed/frustrated

This morning I was doing what I loath (laundry) and trying to write my stupid history paper.  I went to check on the clothes and discovered the dryer was not drying...

And then I cried...

And then I called a repairman and was told that it cost $81. just for him to come by and check things out.  Fine I said, what else was I to do? 

Trying to look on the bright side they did send someone right over.  And for a mear $261 plus a couple of days (because they have to order the part) my dryer will be good as new.

Then I cried again...

Then I noticed that I had a repair man in my kitchen and if I had to pay $81 to be told I needed to wait a few days before he could fix my dryer I decided to use him as much as possible.
I asked him if he would look at my oven...

He did and then he fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  With no extra charge...I almost kissed him!





And I smiled for the first time all day

Then I hauled all my wet laundry over to Shannon's house and dried them while I tried writing my stupid history paper...

The end...for now.

Frychik

1 comment:

  1. Okay... funny /I am crying with you girl!

    So glad that he fixed your oven! Thanks for brightening my day with your way with words! I love listening to your stories & hope that things start to look up. And you are welcome to come dry laundry at my house anytime you need too!

    Hugs Shelly!

    ReplyDelete