Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Some observations...

I have a neighbor...

Actually I have several neighbors

Neighbor #1
-Harvey is my favorite.  He lived behind our house so I often say he lives in "our backyard" and every time I'm in the backyard and he is mowing his front yard he drives on over and asks me "how's the weather at your place?"  He's approximately a 150 years old and I adore him.

Neighbor #2
-Rusty and his wife...I'm a terrible neighbor because I have lived beside these people for almost 9 years and I don't know her name....in my defense she's rarely out, and when she is its because somethings happening in the neighborhood and she wants the scoop.  Rusty and his wife live indoors, with the windows covered.  They come out once every two weeks or so and mow.  Then the go back in... nice enough but not exactly open and friendly. Kinda weird to have such a big yard and deck in the back and stay in with the windows covered all the time...

Neighbor #3
-Ron and Marge newest neighbors they moved in a year an a half ago and live on the other side.  He's friendly and she's moody...sometimes she won't even return a wave other times she wants to ask about my garden...I just go with it.  He is a retired test pilot for the army and she still works as some type of medical professional.  They work in their yard ALL THE TIME!  Rain or shine, it simply doesn't matter.  They are out there all the time...and if he isn't working in the yard he is in his huge new garage he built right next to my garden using power tools and listening to 80s music...

Neighbor #4
-The house directly across the street.  Sam and his extended family (Indian -as in from India) disappeared overnight about a year ago.   The drove a semi through our front yard (true story) when we were gone...leaving behind evidence.  They took the outside light fixtures and everything else they couldn't pry off...its been empty ever since...The one thing they left was the mailbox that almost everyone who has visited my home has run into a time or two...

Neighbor #5
-Arney moved into the ADORABLE Cape Cod home kiddy corner to our home.  When he moved in it had the loveliest yard.  Rows or grapes in the back.  Water feature, flower beds busting with blooms.  A beautiful pear tree in the front that grew the biggest pears...trees, just a really charming yard.  I loved it and had the chance to visit it a time or two before Arney moved in and promptly ripped out all the grapes and built a HUMONGO shop.  I figured he was done and that the grapes where a painful sacrifice for the sake of  his inner greasee monkey... However,  there seems to be no stopping him.  He has butchered the orchard, dismantled the water feature, ripped out every flower bed and now, last weekend, the trees in the front of his house.... the 30 foot aspens in his front yard!  What's wrong with this guy?  His plan seems to be that he just wants lots and lots of green grass.  And now he has put up a black fence....we are not fence people here...

What can you do?

Overall I have to say I love where we live.  I really do.  There aren't any yippee dogs, and everyone keeps to themselves for the most part.  Just a look into my street...

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment