Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday - Family

It's a fine line...

That line where you worry about your kid because he never wants to leave you
You worry about it...
You want him to be independent -- but you don't want him to leave you.




Tyler has been my homebody.
Doesn't want to go to camp...
Doesn't care to go to sleep overs...
Doesn't want to go camping with friends...

Until this year-

Its healthy and totally normal - he is almost 15 - but he hasn't prepared me...

Josh was born with a suitcase in his hand. 
He has never had a problem leaving home...

While Ty is happy to travel - with his family - he hasn't ventured out without his family until now...

Two weekends ago Ty went camping for three nights with friends.
It was WEIRD at home without him...
He is always here...

But he had a great time.

Tomorrow morning at 3:45 AM (!!!!!!!) we will be taking him and our friends Galen and Shannon to the airport.  He is going to Ohio for a week.




I have total and absolute confidence in my friends.  I know Tyler is in good hands but there are two things I don't like.

1. I am very nervous when my loved ones fly

2. I am gonna miss him!

He has said with supreme confidence that this will be the BEST trip of his life. He is so excited because my kid is a HUGE roller coaster fiend and there are two parks in Ohio that he is going to be visiting while there.  As he puts it "I'm gonna cross of some roller coasters off my bucket list!"

So this next week our family of 4 will be missing a member...

I guess this is to prepare me for life...

Only 3 years left and they are both gone...

*sob!

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment