Friday, June 1, 2012

How can it be?





The graduation ceremonies (4 of them!) begin tonight...
All I can think about is that in one year it will be Josh graduating...
And I literally feel a pain in my heart...




How do parents do it?
How do you transition from being a daily part of their lives to them just abandoning you?
I already feel it...









He has his own wheels now...
He doesn't need me like he used to...
He can drive where he needs to go...
Taco Bell will feed him in a pinch...
He is following the path he should and is becoming more independent...




Ty has already finished his Freshman year! I was just sad that he was graduating 8th grade a year ago!
I had been told before that the high school years fly by and I believe it!
He has a girl who makes his heart flutter and he is shaving and he is tall and handsome and not my baby anymore...






sign...

Its harder to get the family going in the same direction.  Last night I suggested we ride our bikes into town and give the new frozen yogurt place a try.  Josh said "I'd rather do something fun" and went to a friends house... Ty wishing he had somewhere else to go got roped into it.

As I watched Ty and his dad race their bikes I had to smile.  I am so thankful for the times we have as a family.  Family is such a tremendous blessing.  Every night I thank God that we are all under the same roof...


Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment