Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer?




So this summer hasn't been very "summery" at this point...
It has been filled with relatives moving and having surgery...
It has been filled with rain drops and occasional days of sun...
It has been filled with trying to think of things for my boys to do so they have a reason to get out of bed before noon...

It has not been filled with work for the boys (as we had thought)
It has not been filled with trips to the lake...
Suntans...
Trips to the beach...

My garden is growing slowly...
It needs heat - we all do.

I'm thrilled that my family has moved closer...
I am thrilled that my mother-in-law is on the road to a much improved quality of life with a new knee.
I'm thrilled that its summer...


Some things to be greatful for


1. An observant 14 year old and the quick thinking of my man.  On Father's Day we decided to "fire up" the bbq - it literally caught on fire on the back deck while we were all in the house - Ty happend by the kitchen window and in his causual way said "um the bbq is on fire" my husband rushed out and was able to get the propane turned off - all the while I stood in the kitchen frozen...a mixture of gratitude that we didn't need the firemen and just a tad disapointed... ;p

2. I'm greatful that of the 3 "mini" fires we have had around here none of them have gotten out of control!

3. I'm thankful that I made my first sale on shellyfryphotography.smugmug.com - I can't tell you what a thrill it was to get that notification :) - Help me out friends and share my address on your FB accounts. I appreciate it!


4.  I'm thankful for a healthy strong body.  Watching someone struggle to recover from surgery is a humbling experience.  Its so easy to take the task of getting out of bed or going to the bathroom for granted! Take care of yourselves people!  Having said that I have been impressed by the resolve and strength my Mom in law shows in her determination to "get her life back"

5.  I'm thankful for my family and friends - Hugs!


Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment