Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fearless

So yesterday we decided last minuet to head to the lake... At "our" lake, there is a bridge...

Usually by this time of year the water is low enough we can drive under this bridge and get to a nice quite "no wake" zone. Great for swimming and hanging out. This year the water level is high so the guys decided to use the bridge in a different way...


Can I just say there is a fine line between not wanting your boys to grow up to be "pansies" and wanting them to out live you...



I was shocked when Ty decided he wanted to do it! Even my baby!




I find them very inspirational, to be so fearless, to be so bold, to be so carefree....



I hope they remember these summer days.
I hope they remember their mom let them jump off a bridge... but their mom also said "you don't have to do it if you don't want to"


It is inspiring to see the joy, the fun, the excitement that can be had when fear doesn't hold you back.
Of course there is a healthy common sense fear and I strive to strike a balance.
As we drive to this lake we pass over a much taller bridge, I would say about 30-40 feet over the water. We have seen idiots jumping off of it. I want to say to these boys "don't do it!" "Does your mother know where you are?"
After our bridge jumping adventure I made sure to make a stop so we could all get out and look over this much taller bridge. I wanted the boys to see the difference, I wanted to hear fear and common sense in their voice....striking a balance, its tricky.....








No comments:

Post a Comment