Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I can't stop it...

This weekend is my 25th Alumni...
It's exciting and depressing all at the same time...



I'm really feeling older lately...
aches and pains...



Reunions are just a reminder of how quickly time passes us by
and there is nothing we can do to stop it...



High school reunions are the worst!
All those reminders of how energetic and full of life you were then
not to mention skinny!



I notice more often the old ladies as I briskly walk by them I wonder...
I wonder what they were like when they were young...
I wonder that I will be there some day...



I so don't want to get there

I'm preaching this week at my church and its freaking me out a bit...
It will be by far the biggest venue I've ever spoken at and with it being my "home" church
there is an added pressure...
I live with these people...

I will also be attempting to play basketball Saturday night...
It is a long standing tradition at CAA that the Saturday night of alumni there are basketball games...
I've participated in these games for years..
Each year it gets harder to run up and down that darn court...
the court I used to rule in high school....



So today in preparation for the weekend I'm gonna color my hair...
Because that's the one thing in my aging body that I can fix...
At least temporarily...

Frychik

1 comment:

  1. You aren't going to be old for a long, long time! You are going to be amazing when you talk this weekend and you are going to kick some ass at the basketball game! Go Go Go!!

    ReplyDelete