Friday, April 29, 2011

Goin in deep...

First of all, I'm so heartbroken over the devastating tornadoes and loss of life in the south...
Some of the scariest times of my life where sitting in the bathtub with my babies wondering if a tornado was going to hit the house...
I'm so very thankful our friends in the South are all safe...


On another topic ~
I'm all set to go...
I've registered for my first class in my Masters of History program, Historical Research...ugh...
I've ordered and received my books...



Don't let the small size of the books fool you...
With titles like "The Information-Literate Historian" and
"From Reliable Sources An Introduction to Historical Methods"
Page turners they are not....


I already see something I don't know..
What is a Monograph??????????
Good thing I have this handy book!

Class begins on Monday...
It is an online class so I'm hoping that flexibility will work in my favor...
Today I read where I should plan on spending 10-15 hours a week on the class...
for the next 16 weeks!
I panicked...

That's a lot of time....
I had budgeted about 4 hours a week...
I'm gonna have to reevaluate that...

I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew...


And finally~
I think I'm finally feeling better...
My cough is lessening which is really good because I sound like a seal dying on the beach...
My voice is croaky but my husband says its sexy...

I've manged to get better just in time to clean and cook for company on Sat
and to do last minute errands for the banquet on Sunday...

Tune in on Monday for a summary of our banquet...
The theme...
NNO = Nerds Night Out!

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment