Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Biology Trip - Part 2

We were gone to Rosario for 3 full and busy days...
I was so thankful that the weather was nice...
It was cold but it wasn't raining!

We began our day with a 6am bird walk...
I seriously debated sending my girls out the cabin door and curling up with a book while they went bird hunting...
Have I mentioned I don't like birds?
But I'm glad I went because I saw this...


I had been to Rosario twice before and I had no idea the Olympic Mountains were just out there...
The clouds do a good job of disguising them.
They were gorgeous!



The kids were busy and I wasn't needed so I did one of the things I love to do best
I took off....
I had no idea where I was going and neither did anyone else...
I discovered a trail and began following it...
While I was on the trail this guy showed up!
I was thrilled!
I had my telephoto lens on and it was just me and him!
I was grinning ear to ear for the next 10 min!


I really enjoyed hiking and taking pictures...
It was weird that no one knew where I was...
But I kind of liked it ;)








The trail was about 2 miles and it led me up and down the mountains and along the water and eventually to Deception Pass...
It was beautiful.


The day ended with the perfect sunset!  We could see the sun until it was just a tiny sliver.  Very cool!


On the negative side those varmints got me sick!
My throat is killing me!
I was just sick two weeks ago!
Grrrr

Oh well....

Frychik

1 comment:

  1. never been anywhere up there...
    your pictures are too beautiful for words :)

    ReplyDelete