Monday, April 25, 2011

Biology Trip 2011

I'm back from my 3 day excursion with 30 teenagers...
I volunteered for this job...
I could of had a week off from teaching but I decided it would be more fun
to go with these guys on their Biology Trip to Rosario Beach in the Puget Sound

We took the ferry at Mukilteo...Jeff and I had just taken the same ferry 3 days earlier...


The kids got right down to business looking for birds. 
As part of their class they have to identify 100 birds by the end of the year...
I don't like birds one  bit...
The Biology teacher asked me to please keep this little fact to myself...

Some of the kids are a bit strange....

Next stop was Useless Bay, a lovely place with an unfortunate name...
The trip was planned so we arrived at low tide

It was essential to have the proper footwear!


I really enjoyed this part of the trip.
I have always loved exploring the beaches and this one was covered in marine life!
It was exciting discovering all sorts of critters...
The kids had been studying and certain kids were assigned to be "experts" in an area...
Who's the crab expert?
Not me!
The kids dared me to hold him...and yes, he was very much alive...
The colors were amazing!

 We ended every day on the beach around the campfire with the waves crashing behind us...
It was cold but beautiful and dry! No rain!

Day two tomorrow!

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment