Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Banquet

Christmas lights at the Grotto

So Sunday, instead of singing happy birthday to my step-dad....
Or helping my volleyball team in the playoffs (they finished 2nd!)
Or celebrating with a friend at her bridal shower...

I went to a banquet...
Alone...Dateless...Had to take a picture of myself...
Actually, that was fine, because I'm not much of a date at these things
running around, monitoring hemlines and cleavage sightings....

The location was at The Grotto in PDX...

They have a lovely Christmas light display every year
Carolers...
Concerts in the church..
Puppet shows...
Musicians...

The kids are always so lovely...
Its so fun to see these teenagers all dressed up in their finest....
and trying so hard to be polite...

Some of the boys are just adorable!
All shiny, with their hair combed...
Pulling out chairs for the girls...
Getting them drinks...
Buying them flowers...
Trying to remember all the coaching their parents gave them...

As a teacher, I have been to way to many banquets over the years.
But, this year, I got to be there with my kid...
He was a good sport :)

His lovely friend MacKenzie was his "date" for the evening...
They are so cute!

It was a lovely evening...
I'm so thankful it didn't rain...
I'm so thankful it's another "to do" on the SA list that I can cross off!

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment