Monday, December 6, 2010

SALE!!!

National Geographic Warehouse Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Several weeks ago I received a postcard in the mail at work announcing the
National Geographic Warehouse sale...

Hmmm, that sounds promising...
I am a huge NG fan!  Love them!
My literal dream job is to be a photographer for them
So NG if your reading call me!

Really, call me...
I promise I'll drop everything...
Abandon all my responsibilities and fly whereever in the world you need me...

Shoot!  Which reminds me...
My passport expired Nov 30!!!
Grrrrr

Anyway, back to the sale...
The post card promised 20-90% off
hmmmm, that sounded too good to be true...



Amazing!
I am completely aware of how nerdy I sound...
history teacher arranging her life to be at this sale
But I don't care....

I picked up several books for school and personal use
Everything I love is there...
Travel...
History...
Photography..
Happy sigh....

I bought $500 worth of books...


for $110.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy...
This was so much better than Black Friday :)

I would also like to add...
That there was a crazy map lady there...
They were selling large maps for a $1 each...

I to have a love of maps but this lady's cart was overflowing...
In fact, I started looking in her cart because I thought it was part of the sale...
She informed me very quickly that those were "her" maps...

I'm not kidding she had 40 maps in her cart...
I decided I had enough maps and moved on...
When I came back around 20 min later she was still there...

I thought I would just throw that in for some comparisons...
It could be worse ;)

On the way out I was informed that this sale happens every year...
How could this be?
How have I missed it?

I can't wait for next year!

Frychik



No comments:

Post a Comment