Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Observations and missed observations...

So, yesterday there were 3 earthquakes centered  about 45 miles from my home.  They were up near Mt. St. Helens our friendly active volcano...
The strongest was a 4.3...
My mom felt it, she lives approximately 30 miles south of me...
I did not feel it.

Why?  I don't know, I was here...
In fact I was on a stage at school trying to play name that tune...
Something I should never do...

I have said before that I would like to feel an earthquake one day...
a nice gentle one...
one where there is no death or destruction, just the experience of shaking...

I've been in probably 5 earthquakes in my life...
I haven't been aware of any of them...

But what I did observe today was my husband doing laundry shirtless again!
Yes, it's true
It was the perfect Valentine for me :)

He was enjoying it more because he knows that next Monday he will be safely at work, far away from laundry and dirty bathrooms :)

I have also noticed some early signs of spring...




The mountains are getting lots of snow...
But my bulbs are poking through the muddy soil...
Once that happens I'm done with winter...
I LOVE it when my flowers come up!

So to sum up...
I didn't notice the earthquake
I did notice shirtless guy folding laundry
I did notice spring

A pretty good day I think :)

Frychik

No comments:

Post a Comment